October 24, 2018
Are you thinking about installing a new water heater? Then maybe it’s time to replace your old storage tank model with a tankless water heater. Here are five signs that it might be the right choice for you!
How a Tankless Water Heater Works
A conventional water heater has a tank that stores hot water, which is delivered to a point of use when needed. When the water supply runs low, the tank has to fill itself and heat the water before it can deliver hot water — until then, it can only send cold water to the faucet.
In contrast, a tankless water heater, or on-demand water heater, doesn’t have a storage tank at all. Instead, the water runs over a heating element when hot water is “requested” at a point of use, such as a shower or hot water faucet. Because it doesn’t store any hot water at all but instead, heats the water on demand, a tankless water heater provides an endless supply of hot water.
Is a Tankless Water Heater Right for You?
While there are still many people who prefer their conventional models, more and more forward-thinking homeowners are replacing their storage tank water heaters with tankless models. What follows are five signs that a tankless water heater is just what you need:
- You’re tired of not having enough hot water. Some people like cold showers. However, they’re few and far between. Most of us prefer a nice, hot stream of water, regardless of whether that’s when we get up in the morning or after we get home from work. If you’re always stuck with cold water because your household uses a lot of hot water, then an on-demand model is a good choice.
- You want a water heater that will last. While a conventional model lasts approximately 15 years, a tankless water heater has a lifespan of 20 years. So, while the initial investment might be somewhat higher, you’ll definitely get a good return.
- Your energy bills are high. Storing warm water costs energy, so a storage tank water heater costs more to run than a tankless model, which will bring your energy bills down considerably.
- You want to do the right thing for the planet. Because an on-demand model is more energy-efficient, it’s a more environmentally friendly option.
- You want to use the space for something else. A conventional water heater is a large appliance that takes up approximately the same space as a fridge. If you don’t have the space or if you want to use the space for something else, then an on-demand water heater is a better choice as it’s approximately the same size as a desktop computer.
Why Choose Reliable?
A tankless water heating system will help you save money on your utility bill, spare you the time of costly and frequent repairs/tank replacements, and even reduce your carbon footprint by improving your homes energy efficiency overall. The federal government and select manufacturers are offering attractive rebates to add even more incentive to the switch, because now more than ever it’s important to raise our national standards of energy use.
Call Reliable today to have a gas-powered tankless water heater installed in your home, and you’ll start seeing the difference right away!
Areas We Serve