As your home ages, your service panel suffers wear and tear — moreover, as time goes on, you have probably upgraded the appliances and technology in your home. When technology is modernized, but service panels are not, you may be seeing some frequent outages. That’s because old service panels just can’t handle all the power necessary today, which is why panel upgrades are essential.
Electrical Panel Upgrade
There are two ways to determine if you are in need of an upgrade: if you live in an older home, or you have (or want) more indoor or outdoor appliances.
- Older homes: If you are unsure whether or not your older home needs a service panel upgrade, it’s always best to have an inspection performed by one of our licensed electricians. These inspections will ensure your home’s electrical systems are safe and allow us to see if anything needs improvements.
- Indoor and outdoor appliances: Want a hot tub, pool, jacuzzi, central air, updated heating system, or high-efficiency appliances? If so, your electrical panel might not be able to handle it. Chances are, you’ll need additional electrical power to keep everything running smoothly.
While often overlooked, your home’s service panel is a crucial part of your electrical system. Our technicians are able to add extra circuit breakers, improve the amperage of your machine, and deal with any issues in the safest, most effective way possible. To schedule an appointment today, call our office!
Electrical Panel Replacement
In some cases, an electrical panel simply requires replacement. Age can make these devises temperamental and unsafe. Happily, there is really no reason to continue living with a dangerous and inoperable electrical panel when you can call the Reliable Electrical Services professionals and receive immediate assistance.
Your electrical panel may need to be replaced if is is:
- Installed By Federal Pacific Electric– FPE electrical panels are notorious for breaking down and causing electrical fires. There were once one of the most common electrical panel manufacturers in the United States, but now their products are being recalled and replaced nationwide.
- 20-30 Years Old– Like any appliance that undergoes constant use, your home’s electrical panel does have a limited lifespan, even with proper maintenance. If your panel hasn’t been upgraded or installed in two to three decades, it needs immediate attention.
Otherwise, just use your judgement! Electrical panels are not supposed to hum, buzz, spark, hiss, or become discolored — if any of these things are happening to you, you need to let a professional electrician know.
If you think it’s time for your service panel to be upgraded or replaced, call Reliable Electrical Services today!
Areas We Serve
May 18, 2018
Your electrical system is one of the most used in your home. Every time you turn on a light, plug your phone in to charge, or switch on your favorite show, electricity is being used. Because it's so vital for daily life, you need to make sure that yours is working properly. If your home electrical system is old or out of date, your home and loved ones can be at risk. An electrical home inspection will give you the ... Read More
April 30, 2018
As the temperatures continue to rise, it's likely that you'll be spending more time outdoors. Whether you're gardening, doing yard work, or lounging out by the pool, you need to be careful when using electricity. Electrical tools and appliances should always be used carefully, regardless of the season. However, outdoor use can be dangerous if the proper safety precautions aren't taken. Here are a few electrical tips to keep you safe this spring:
- Keep cords, wires, and other electrical equipment ... Read More
April 2, 2018
Storms are quite common here in Southern Florida. Heavy rains and winds are quite common during certain parts of the year, so it's important for us to be prepared. When major storms do it, strong gusts can easily cause power outages. Not only is an outage incredibly inconvenient for you and your family, but it can be a safety hazard and damage parts of your home as well. It's likely that you already have a backup generator in place to help ... Read More